Little Miss 18 Months!

Wow! I can’t believe my baby is 18 months old! It truly amazes me how accurate the “time flies” statement is, especially after you have kids. I mean I just can’t believe how fast they grow!!!!!
Natalee has always been such a happy baby. She has been full of smiles since the night she was born. When we go into her room to wake her up in the morning, she either is already awake and content just smiling in her crib or if we have to wake her up she has instant smiles and happy squeals, she lights up when we pick her up from daycare and absolutely loves her big sister and our puppy, Chloe.
It takes a lot to get her upset but now that we have started the toddler stage, she can get upset sometimes, and when she is upset, she’s UPSET! She can throw one heck of a tantrum. I mean kicking, screaming and throwing herself down on the floor, flopping around like a fish out of water fit! But lucky for us, those are few and far between so most of the time we just get to enjoy our happy little toddler.
I love that she is starting to talk more and more now – each day she says new words and it’s also amazing to me how different her voice is than her sister’s. She wants to do everything her big sister is doing, including lately sitting on the potty….not going to get my hopes up too high yet that she’ll be potty trained any time soon, but she is interested because her sister is doing it, so that’s exciting!
The last 18 months have been so amazing! Its funny how when we found out that we were going to have Natalee and that Kylee and her were only going to be 11 months apart how nervous, scared and shocked we were. I wouldn’t have pictured or imagined just how wonderful it’s been to have these two little amazing girls be so close in age. I love seeing how much they interact with each other and truly how much they love each other. Don’t get me wrong, they can both put up quite a fight with the other too, but it’s when they are giving each other hugs and kisses for no other reason than to just give them to each other, that I think – why was I so scared and nervous – this worked out perfectly! God really did have a plan for us and we are very happy and enjoying the journey!

Awww....she is too cute for words!!! She is ALWAYS smiling in her pics! :) I think it is wonderful they are so close, they should grow up to be the best of friends! Now maybe you need to add a brother?!?!? HAHAHA!!!!
ReplyDeleteAmy, I love how you find the "positive" in every situation. Yes, your babies are close together but yes, they will truly watch out for each others back during this long journey called life. Your blog always brings a "smile" to my face. Your daughters are darling!
ReplyDeleteThey do grow sooooo fast!! I don't have much to comment... I think Jodi and Tricia took all of my words :) Love ya!
ReplyDelete:) Sweet girls. Natalee IS growing so much even since that last time I saw her!
ReplyDelete