Things don't always go as planned...
This blog has been neglected for the last month and a half. A month and a half ago we were gearing up for a great combined birthday party weekend for the girls with family and friends. Friday night before the party, we were in a car accident leaving our last month and a half to be nothing we had envisioned for our summer. Eric has been busy going to physical therapy twice a week, I have an injured leg and a severe sprained ankle, Kylee has had lots of post-trauma issues, our Durango was totaled and we have been busy trying to fit in the many doctors visits, new routine disasters with Kylee and trying to work some fun in the mix. It has been chaotic to say the least, all with summer in full swing and I feel like we've just missed out on the last month and a half of beautiful outdoor weather. So below is a recap mostly in pictures of how we've been trying to fit some fun in...
We still had the party and actually it was really nice because we had lots of family here to help when we needed it the most. We did have to take a break after cake and ice cream to head to the basement for a tornado warning though... It wasn't exactly what I had envisioned or planned but I think the birthday girls had fun and thats all you can really ask for.
Kylee is potty trained! I kept telling her weeks before her 3rd birthday that when she turned 3 she couldn't wear diapers anymore because 3 year olds were not allowed and a week before her birthday she asked me to start wearing big girl underwear and had very few accidents after that and now I am happy to report that she is potty trained! Whew! Now we just have one in diapers --- hoping Natalee will want to start going in the big-girl potty too just like big sister and we can start saving all sorts of $$!
Kylee turned 3! Our first born is already three years old! Her birthday was on a Saturday and since we had already had the family and friends party - we went to the Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead where the girls were able to pet and feed goats, chickens and cows. I had to mostly sit down on the benches and watch them have fun with Daddy since my leg was so messed up but I was determined to let her do something fun on her birthday and they had a blast!
Both girls transitioned to big-girl beds. Kylee moved from a toddler bed into a full sized bed and Natalee moved from a crib to a toddler bed. They were both very excited!
We did a little photo shoot with the girls for their two and three year old pictures. These weren't the best shots but it was very hard to get both of them to cooperate so we took what we could get...
Eric's parents watched the girls for us and Eric and I headed to Clay Center for a friend's wedding. Melissa and Bryan had a beautiful ceremony and reception - it was a great wedding and a nice mini-vacation for Eric and I.
We celebrated the 4th of July. The girls weren't big fans of the amazing fireworks the City of Lansing had so we ended up watching the majority of the show from the car ... hopefully next year will go better but right now Kylee has been associating the noise of thunderstorms and now fireworks with the loud crash of our accident and keeps bringing up the accident so I think in time she will hopefully start to phase all of that out...if not, the next step is therapy for her.
We still had the party and actually it was really nice because we had lots of family here to help when we needed it the most. We did have to take a break after cake and ice cream to head to the basement for a tornado warning though... It wasn't exactly what I had envisioned or planned but I think the birthday girls had fun and thats all you can really ask for.
Kylee is potty trained! I kept telling her weeks before her 3rd birthday that when she turned 3 she couldn't wear diapers anymore because 3 year olds were not allowed and a week before her birthday she asked me to start wearing big girl underwear and had very few accidents after that and now I am happy to report that she is potty trained! Whew! Now we just have one in diapers --- hoping Natalee will want to start going in the big-girl potty too just like big sister and we can start saving all sorts of $$!
Kylee turned 3! Our first born is already three years old! Her birthday was on a Saturday and since we had already had the family and friends party - we went to the Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead where the girls were able to pet and feed goats, chickens and cows. I had to mostly sit down on the benches and watch them have fun with Daddy since my leg was so messed up but I was determined to let her do something fun on her birthday and they had a blast!
Both girls transitioned to big-girl beds. Kylee moved from a toddler bed into a full sized bed and Natalee moved from a crib to a toddler bed. They were both very excited!
We did a little photo shoot with the girls for their two and three year old pictures. These weren't the best shots but it was very hard to get both of them to cooperate so we took what we could get...
Eric's parents watched the girls for us and Eric and I headed to Clay Center for a friend's wedding. Melissa and Bryan had a beautiful ceremony and reception - it was a great wedding and a nice mini-vacation for Eric and I.
We celebrated the 4th of July. The girls weren't big fans of the amazing fireworks the City of Lansing had so we ended up watching the majority of the show from the car ... hopefully next year will go better but right now Kylee has been associating the noise of thunderstorms and now fireworks with the loud crash of our accident and keeps bringing up the accident so I think in time she will hopefully start to phase all of that out...if not, the next step is therapy for her.








































Omigosh, Amy. Your girls are so beautiful. I laughes out loud at the 'muscle shot.' Hilarious. And they look like twins in the pic of them sticking their toungues out. You did a great job on the photos.
ReplyDeleteI really hope things get better for Kylee and her issues from the car crash. Hopefully as more time passes, she'll forget? And I hope the rest of you can get healed up OK, too. What a terrible thing to happen and on that weekend of all times, too. But like you said, at least you did have family there.
We hope to see you guys soon! Let's try to get together sometime before the summer is over. (I have a couple more bins of stuff for you.)