THE BOSS!

Those that know me well know that I have always been a fan of Bruce Springsteen and John Mellencamp. I grew up listening to these guys and have fond memories of driving with my family and my Dad putting these cassette tapes in while driving wherever and all of us singing along. For some reason to me, when I hear these guys, it always takes me to a special place and really reminds me of my family. So, I always thought it would be so much fun to get to see both of them in concert. I was lucky enough to get to see Mellencamp a few years ago at the Farm Aid concert in KC and even luckier that I got to share the experience with two of my brothers and our spouses. I thought maybe I had lost my chance to see The Boss though. Brooks and I tried to see him a few years ago – had our tickets and everything. We were minutes from walking over to the Sprint Center in KC when we heard the concert was cancelled at the last minute. We were both so disappointed! So when there was rumor that he was going to come back to KC this year – Brooks and I were so excited and knew we had to get tickets! So – we got tickets and had the best time! Seriously, it was a GREAT CONCERT! As I mentioned, I grew up listening to Springsteen but I mainly listened to his greatest hits and he’s been around for so long that he has a ton of really great music that I hadn’t ever heard. Thanks to Brooks making a pre-concert cd with songs that had recently been on Springsteen’s set list – I was prepped and ready to hear him live. The concert was amazing – it truly was! Even the songs I didn’t know were great – he put on a great show. I think the most special thing about it though was getting to go to the concert with Brooks. Since I think of my family when I hear Springsteen – it was fun to see him live/in-concert with family. Thanks Brooks - what a great memory!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby, Baby, Baby

It's Fun to Have a Sister!

Little Mommy