Rest In Peace Granny

It's been a rough couple of weeks. My Granny became ill after Thanksgiving and extremely ill the week before and week of Christmas. After the hospital moved my Granny a Hospice room on Thursday before Christmas, Brooks, Pat, Natalee and I headed to Sac City so we could spend some time with my Granny. We got there Friday and stayed until Saturday evening. We were able to talk to her in short spurts with hours of rest in between. She was going downhill physically but was very sharp mentally and so it was wonderful to have that time with her. It was hard leaving Saturday knowing we might not be there when she was ready to say her final good-bye's. We came back on Wednesday, December 23rd to see her again. She was non-responsive this time and passed after us being there about an hour. She was surrounded by loved ones when she passed and was no longer in any pain. She passed away in time to spend Christmas with my Grandpa who passed away about 24 years ago and my Uncle Tony who passed away just this year in May. It was a very hard Christmas for us - especially with weather not being the best for traveling back and forth to Sac City. The funeral was Monday and was beautiful. I love you Granny and am happy to have you as an Angel up in Heaven looking down on our family! May You rest in peace!
Oh Amy, I had no idea! SOOO SORRY to hear that and I am sure it was rough with this all happening during the holidays. I will be thinking about you...
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to send you a big {hug}!! Like Jodi, I had no idea... so sorry to hear about your loss. Lots of love!! Candi
ReplyDelete